1. Our prize draws and competitions are organised by Packt Publishing Limited (the “Company”) of Livery Place, 35 Livery Street, Birmingham, United Kingdom, B3 2PB, registered in England and Wales under number 04759694.
How to enter
2. The only mode to enter the draw is by signing up at https://securityplus.training/sign-up/.
3. Entries received after the stated closing date will not be accepted.
4. The deadline for signing up to the draw for a particular month expires at 11:59 PM on the last day of the previous month. (E.g.- The deadline for the February Draw is at 11:59 PM on the 31st of January).
5. Our prize draws and competitions are free to enter and no purchase is necessary.
6. The Company will not accept responsibility for entries that are lost, mislaid, damaged or delayed in transit, regardless of cause, including, for example, as a result of any equipment failure, technical malfunction, systems, satellite, network, server, computer hardware or software failure of any kind.
7. By submitting an entry, you are agreeing to be bound by these Terms and Conditions. If you have any questions, please contact IanNeilMVG@packt.com
8. The Company reserves the right to refuse entry, or refuse to award the prize to anyone in breach of these terms and conditions.
9. Unless otherwise stated, our prize draws and competitions are open to all except employees of the Company, their families, agents or any third party directly associated with administration of the prize draw.
10. Entrants must follow Ian Neil’s on LinkedIn using the LinkedIn account they shared while signing up to the draw. Entrants who do not follow Ian Neil on LinkedIn will be disqualified.
11. Entrants under 18 must get consent from their parent(s) or legal guardian(s) before entering. The parent(s) or legal guardian(s) of entrants under 18 agree to these Terms and Conditions on behalf of the entrant.
12. Only one entry per person is permitted for a particular month’s draw. Individuals can sign up for the next month’s draw when applications open.
13. Entrants who have previously won a prize are ineligible for future prize draws for the same prize.
14. In entering, you confirm that you are eligible to do so and eligible to claim any prize you may win. The Company may require you to provide proof that you are eligible to enter the prize draw or competition.
15. The Company reserves all rights to disqualify you if your conduct is contrary to the spirit or intention of the prize draw or competition.
16. Entrants must have an active LinkedIn account.
17. A winner will be chosen by random draw performed by a computer process within one week of the prize draw or competition ending.
18. The winner will receive details of the prize.
19. The winner will be notified by email (using details provided at entry) within 7 days of being chosen and must provide a postal address to claim their prize. If a winner does not respond to the Company within 14 days of being notified, then the winner’s prize will be forfeited and the Company will be entitled to select another winner in accordance with the process described above.
20. Where the prize is a voucher for a certification exam, the winner must respond to the Company to provide details of their country of residence and any other details required by the organisation issuing the voucher. Exam vouchers are issued for a particular territory, with limited time validity and they cannot be modified once issued. It is the winner’s responsibility to abide by the terms of the voucher that they have won.
22. The prize will be sent to the winner within 14 days of responding to the Company.
23. The prize is non-exchangeable, non-transferable and no cash alternative is offered. The Company reserves the right to replace the prize with an alternative prize of equal or higher value if circumstances beyond the Company’s control makes it necessary to do so.
24. The decision of the Company regarding any aspect of the prize draw or competition is final and binding and no correspondence will be entered into about it.
25. The winner’s name and county can be obtained by sending an email to IanNeilMVG@packt.com within 30 days after the date of the closing date of the prize draw or competition. Winners have a legal right to withhold their name and, in such instances, only the country of residence will be given.
26. The Company reserves the right to hold void, cancel, suspend, or amend the promotion where it becomes necessary to do so.
Limitation of liability
27. Insofar as is permitted by law, the Company, its agents or distributors will not in any circumstances be responsible or liable to compensate the winner or accept any liability for any loss, damage, personal injury or death occurring as a result of taking up the prize except where it is caused by the negligence of the Company, its agents or distributors or that of their employees. Your statutory rights are not affected.
Data protection and publicity
29. By entering, you agree that any personal information provided by you with your entry may be held and used by the Company or its agents and suppliers to administer and promote the competition.
30. All our prize draws and competitions will be governed by English law and entrants to the prize draw submit to the jurisdiction of the English courts.
31. The Company reserves the right to update these Terms and Conditions from time to time and any updated version will be effective as soon as it is published on the website.